Pages

Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Rainy Day

It's been a while since I've had something to blog about! I've been waiting for the perfect opportunity, and I think today is the day! I have lots to say!

I think today must have been Iowa State campus wide dihydrogen monoxide day (i'm lovin chemistry)! I didn't get the memo however.  When I woke up this morning, It was raining SO hard. There was lightning and hail. My bed felt sooo comfortable, I just couldn't get out of bed. Well I eventually did get out of because I needed to go to class.  Unfortunately, tuesdays are the days I need to go the farthest to get to class, so I pretty much had to ride my bike to get from class to class on time.  Well, either that or the bus. But not EVERYONE can ride the bus.  

You see, if everyone tried to ride the bus there would be terrible delays and that would just not be good! So I like to consider myself a campus hero for braving the weather! 

Anyways, at least the hail had subsided by the time I needed to get to class, but it was still pouring! I figured I was going to get very wet either way, so I decided to throw caution to the wind and ride my bike right through gigantic puddles and such with great speed. I soon gained an appreciation for rainy days that I had never had before! I think it's real fun. Occasionally I had to ride off the sidewalk to dodge slow pedestrians. Unfortunately, on a rainy day, where there's not concrete, there's mud. So you might know what I'm getting at. I soon began to realize how muddy I was getting! I was a little appalled at first BUT whooo caresss! People in my philosophy class wouldn't minnnd! I guess it wasn't even that big of a deal because it was raining hard enough that the mud was washing off at a faster rate that it was splashing on me! 

Another thing worth noting is how passionate my philosophy teacher was about the idea of deductive reasoning today...  He tends to get extremely excited about things and he kind of loses control of his body. He definitely almost fell over 3 times in front of us all because he was running into things. I don't know, I thought it was hilarious. I couldn't help but chuckle to myself a little. It was one of those things...

WHAT A DAY!  Rain up the wazoo, 4 classes, a career fair, and small group. It was all good, and it all went a lot better that I thought it was going to. Maybe a rainy day brought a little sunshine to my day for once. 

1 comment:

  1. Your rainy day brought a little sunshing to my day, too. We can't control the weather, but we can control our attitude. Nice Job!

    ReplyDelete